Sunday, July 28, 2013

birthday (space)suit



sweatshirt, necklace and sandals, zara; shorts, club monaco.

 i got a few things at the various season-end sales around my birthday and so i decided to make my entire birthday outfit out of these gifts (either from others or to myself hehe) with pretty weird results. i've been really drawn to light colours recently so here i put the silhouette and detailing first, with a combination of hard+soft, armoured pieces and sleepwear. one part of comfort is the physical feeling and fit of clothing but another part of comfort for me is in choosing outfits that desexualize people's perception of my body especially when a lot of it is on display. the easiest way to do this is to choose silhouettes and fabrics that look 'unnatural.' i thought it was cute that my roommate had a lot of similar elements in his outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment